Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What's Your Value?

Verse of the day:
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads to poverty. Proverbs 14:23

I was listening to Dave Ramsey last night, and he was talking about your economic value.

Now, I forget exactly what he was saying, but the point was, you earn what you put in.

I am unemployed, and I'm trying to get any job I can to make money (and hopefully move out of my parents house!). I do get a disability pension, but I don't want to live on the government's money, I want to live on my own money. Plus if I were to live on my own, the pension is barely enough to scrape by.

The harder you work, the more money you're going to make. It's as simple as that. People who work 3 jobs like crazy to save money earn more (or they should), than people who are at the same level who work just 9-5.

Now, why do senior positions or positions that need qualifications earn more than lower positions? Because the person to get those jobs have already put in the hard work to get to where they are.

One job I realize my parents did really well is to promote a work ethic. My 2 siblings and I all have a good work ethic - if we are at a job, we are good workers. I know in my last job I worked my butt off - even though it didn't equate to more pay.

Don't be lazy. Have a good work ethic.

No comments:

Post a Comment