Friday, January 3, 2014

A God Who Is Angry

Verse of the day:
O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Psalm 38:1

Whenever I hear someone who cries this out, my heart goes out to them. Because they don't know, or they have forgotten, that God is merciful. Yes, God gets angry. But if your heart is in the right place, he will give grace and mercy.

And now, for your pleasure, a scene from Gilmore Girls. (I know I do this often, but Gilmore Girls can relate to anything.)

Lorelai: Is it okay that Max and I aren't Jewish?
Luke: It's okay by me.
Lorelai: No, but I mean to stand under it. God won't smite us or anything?
Luke: I highly doubt it. Besides, God would have to get a license from Taylor to do any smiting in Stars Hollow on a weekend, so I'd say you're safe.

I'm praying for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment