Friday, December 13, 2013

Respecting Authority

Verse of the day:
He who scorns instruction will pay for it, but he who respects a command is rewarded. Psalm 13:13

I have noticed that lots of adults scorn authority - particularly the parental kind.

I'm guilty of this too. Even though I'm almost 27 and I'm temporarily living with my parents, I hate them telling me what to do - because I'm adult. I can make my own decisions. I don't need anyone telling me what to do.

Sure, we all respect our boss at work, but even as adults, we need to respect every kind of authority that God puts in front of us - whether it be your boss at work, your parents, your grandparents, or even the policeman on a power trip.

God puts these people in our life for a reason, and we should listen to what they say. They may not always be right, but they have earned the right to be listened to.

I'm praying for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment