Sunday, December 8, 2013

How Our Superhero Came To Be

Verse of the day:
This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:18


I was watching Man Of Steel for the first time today. It's not my kind of movie - I'm not into superhero movies - but I love Amy Adams, so it was worth it.

Anyway, as I was watching, I was fascinated with how Clark Kent got his powers. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen the movie, but it was really cool, and it being Christmas and all, it made me think about how Jesus came to be.

Mary must have been really brave to even mention that it was done any other way than the usual way to conceive. I strive to be as obedient to what God is telling me as her.

But that's what God does a lot of the time. He pushes us so far out of our comfort zone we can't do anything but rely on him.

We also have to mention Joseph. You know Joseph loved God when he obeyed and stuck with Mary instead of getting divorce - that would have been a hard thing to do too.

The gossips in the town must have had a field day.

I can just hear them "Did you see how big Mary is? She's obviously in the family way. And apparently the child isn't even Joseph's!"

Certainly makes me think twice about judging anyone.

I'm praying for you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment